Type DST, Horizontal Flow Separators (Reliable Gas Liquid Separators)
Protecting gas processing systems from moisture is a major key to successful gas production. Contaminants like hydrocarbons and solid contaminants can cause problems such as reduced heat transfer efficiency, increased energy consumption, hot spots, and leaks. To circumvent this problem, we at Didion Separator offer oil and gas customers a compact and efficient solution –Type DST Gas Liquid Separator. This design also works great for steam applications.
About DST, Horizontal Flow Gas Liquid Separator
These are horizontal in-line liquid gas separators are designed to produce contaminant free gas and steam. The DST separator has the capability to remove 99% of entrained solids that are 10 microns in size or larger. It is also excellent for gas flows with a high percentage of entrained liquid. Because of the greater capacity to handle liquids in horizontal flows, Type DST separators are often chosen over the Type DSL separator. Please keep in mind though that Type DSL separators are less expensive. We would be happy to assist you in selecting which model is best for your gas flow in order for you to get most effective model, while at the same time make the best use of your funds.
The DST Gas Liquid Separator design has the following features standard:
- Standard 150# Units = 150 PSIG @ 500° F.
- Standard 300# Units = 500 PSIG @ 650° F.
- Full Vacuum External Pressure
- Corrosion Allowance = 1/16”
- Internal Separation Elements = 304 Stainless Steel
- Vessel Material = Carbon Steel
- High Temp. Paint
What advantages do the Type DST Gas Liquid Separators offer?
Didion Separator is a manufacturer and supplier of gas liquid separators in USA.
- Standard separators can accommodate a wide range of flows and applications. They run efficiently when operated between 25 to 125% of flow design.
- We can provide custom designed gas liquid separators to clients according to their specific flow regimes.
- We use solid stainless steel for all of the internal components of the units to ensure long lasting performance.
- Our durable and robust units can withstand harsh conditions for many years providing lasting service without the internals plugging, cracking nor losing efficiency, unlike the commonly marketed vane elements.
- Each unit is code compliant and is code stamped to ASME Section VIII, Div. I.
- The separators consist of a compact design.
- They are extremely easy to install.
- They require minimal maintenance.
- They can be a good alternative for large existing separation systems.
- The can handle a large liquid to gas ratio.
We at Didion Separator can also provide in-line liquid gas separators in a variety of alloys. Whatever the pressure, temperature, flow volume and/or material is that you request us to design to, we will find a solution for you.
What are the typical applications?
Gas liquid separators are used for a wide variety of operations by multiple industrial sectors. Some typical application areas include:
- Paper Mills
- Flare Stacks
- Gas Pipelines
- Oil Refineries
- Air Conditioning
- Soil Vapor Extraction
- Refrigeration Systems
- Compressor Systems
- Geothermal Power Plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plants
- Natural-Gas Processing Plants
- Steam Lines
- Petrochemical and Chemical Plants
What are Gas Liquid Separators, and how do they Work? do they Work?
Gas Liquid Separators separate the moisture droplets and other contaminants such as pipe scale from the gas, resulting in clean dry gas. Our horizontal separators use inertia and centrifugal forces to separate the entrainment from the gas. The gas stream enters a centrifugal separation element that performs the fine separation of the entrainment from the gas. This element spins the gas stream in a cyclone at just the right velocity unique to the specific volume of the gas to separate the entrainment. The velocity is not too fast to cause re-entrainment, nor too slow resulting in insufficient centrifugal forces. Dry gas exits the separator through the outlet nozzle which is located at the center of the cyclone vortex. At the same time the liquid droplets are forced by centrifugal force to the separator walls, and then they drain down the separator walls and out the final drain.
Didion Separator’s Type DST gas liquid separators provide the benefits of a compact feature-laden design with easy installation and low-maintenance. Our separators strengthen our position as one of the foremost gas liquid separator manufacturers in USA. Contact us to assist you with your gas liquid separators.